Friday, October 9, 2009

Panasonic TC-P50G10 Mesmerized

I received the 50 inch G10 about a weak ago. Setup was a simple procedure and I have been able to view the tv in a variety of lighting situations and video source formats. The set is in a brightly lit room (ambient) and I have utilized the THX setting as well as the custom settings outlined in CNET. I do get some glare but it is from a bay window directly opposite the tv and is resolved by shutting the curtains. The picture is bright enough (I use the custom setting during the day) and the noise complaints I have read on other posts is non-existent. In fact, the Comcast cable box is far louder. Heat build up is not an issue either. Speakers? I have been pleasantly surprised. There have been a couple of times where I had to look and see if the surround system was on (amp was off). Picture in HD, blue-ray is jaw dropping. My wife and I both comment on the quality of both the detail and color. This TV replaced a 7 year old Sony HD set (34" XBR) that failed and I am stunned how much the quality has improved and the costs have dropped in the intervening years [...].

No comments:

Post a Comment